Friday, January 21, 2011

BEGINNINGS, GROCERIES, & NEW FRIENDS

5032819183_2c219f96ea_large
I finally arrived! The transition so far has been a combination of weird and exciting. Weird because I don't have a roommate yet, food is well.. interesting, and not many people have arrived. So although the campus is beautiful, it's kind of like a ghost town. There are also cats everywhere haha. Last night before I went to sleep one was trying to get into my dorm. I can tell they will probably be annoying and will wear on my patience among other things. I also received my class schedule yesterday which seems quite daunting. I have yet to take a full load of college courses so this should be interesting. Some of the good news, though, is that I'm already meeting a ton of people. It's nice to be with others who are all in the same boat. We ended up going to Rehab last night to get groceries and goods. Despite the name it's actually a place near New Cairo where we were able to shop through the souk with our RA's. I enjoyed getting off campus for awhile and exploring a bit. I still have a lot of things to buy seeing as we really have no cooking wares. My dorm is set up though, and it's looking good but it needs some definite decorative help. Also I think being on campus will feel much better when everyone starts arriving for classes. However I still have lots more adventures to take, things to eat, and people to meet. Just a small update for those out there who will actually scan through the blog. Hopefully I will take pictures soon to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment