Sunday, January 9, 2011

OF PACKING

Tumblr_l8bjc26zux1qzwaddo1_500_large

Well, the days keep rolling by and pretty soon I, as well as two large suitcases full of odds and ends, will be arriving in Cairo. These past few weeks I've definitely had mixed emotions about it all. I'm kind of caught between a sadness of leaving a life behind and an elation of forging a new chapter of what is to come. In a way, I also find frustration in trying to preserve a lot of things, my memories, my apartment, my friendships, but I keep facing a realization that it is unlikely all will remain pristine. Only time will really illuminate how true and lasting these things may be, so that has touched me quite a bit. But I foresee myself traveling the majority of my life so this is really an amazing learning opportunity. Anyways I know I'm just rambling at this point, I guess just for sakes sake. Please pray that my transition is smooth and that I may learn much in this journey. I look back on what was. I look forward to what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment